Tuesday 3 June 2014

Boardwalk Isabella Q&A

Your name?:  
James C Hughes.

Where are you from?:
London, England.

Name of band?: 
Boardwalk Isabella.

Who else is in your band?: 
Nathan Porter, George Thomas, Steve Tanton, Luigi Casanova, Adrian Gibson, Nick Smith, Sarah Devonshire.

How would you describe yourselves?: 
As the grooviest rock and roll band on the planet.

Who are your main influences musically?  
David Bowie, Early to mid 70s Stevie Wonder, Free, T Rex, Sly & The Family Stone, Jimi Hendrix, The Temptations, Steve Miller, Mott the Hoople, Chic, Rolling Stones (Jimmy Miller period) Late 60s Beatles, Parliament/Funkadelic, Johnny Cash, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Elvis.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
As Pete Maher, mastering engineer to U2 and The Rolling Stones, said about us..." you could be the biggest band in the world." I want our music to reach as many people in the world as possible, I want Platinum discs on the wall, Grammys on the shelf, cupboards full of awards and to bring music back to the people. On a personal songwriter level, I would also like to write songs with Nile Rodgers and Gillian Welch to name but two.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I have been very fortunate to have had some real highs during my musical career so far - appearing on iconic TV shows in the UK, being a part of a couple of chart hits, but personally I think my biggest highlight is yet to come. Some of the comments from DJs and fans regarding Boardwalk Isabella music, which is my first venture as the main man, rather than a sideman, have been precious and exciting, and show me that there is a real love for us out there and a lot of promise for the future.

And what's the moment you want to forget? 
I don't have any moments that I want to forget, there have been lows, of course there have, but I prefer to see them as part of my education in the business of music.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
If I had to pick one, and I wouldn't normally do that, I would choose Resurrection Man, our first single, because it contains all the elements of groove, sass, rock, funk, thrill and attitude that characterise our music.

Where can we listen to it?  



Where can we find out more about your music?  
Go to our website at www.boardwalkisabella.com where you will hear snippets of our singles and tracks from our forthcoming album, Headed For The Promised Land, also at www.reverbnation.com/boardwalkisabella - Join us, too, on our Twitter @boardwalkisabel and Facebook www.facebook.com/boardwalkisabella - You can buy our music direct from iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/boardwalk-isabella/id684056182

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
For now we remain in shadow, but in not too long a time we will be the soundtrack to your lives, freeze the moment in time that you first heard our name and shout out a righteous Hallelujah :)
"When you hear this sound a-coming
Hear those drummers drumming
I want you to 
Join Together with the band"

2 comments:

  1. I have been terribly lucky to possess had some real highs throughout my musical career to this point showing on painting TV shows within the Great Britain, being a neighborhood of a handful of chart hits, however in person i believe my biggest highlight is however to come back dissertation writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work Provide Dissertation Writing Help Thanks For The Information.

    ReplyDelete