Tuesday 3 June 2014

twelve a.m. flowers Q&A

Photo by Jacqui McSweeney
Your name:
Kevin McGinnis.

Where are you from? 
New York.

Name of band: 
twelve a.m. flowers.

Who else is in your band? 
The band members have changed for every release so far to suit the sound of the record. There are two previous full LPs entitled 'Curiously Immortal' and 'nYc'. A new EP is on the way and hopefully another full length by next year. But who knows, there may be nothing else.

How would you describe yourselves? 
A bright reflection off a black window. The carnivorous quality of the gods. 

Who are your main influences musically? 
Miles Davis, David Bowie, Toru Takemitsu, Roxy Music, Japan, Skid Row, Depeche Mode... 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I'd like to continue to grow as an artist as much as possible and just be able to release the music I hear in my head for as long as I can. It also wouldn't be too bad to get some of the music licensed for some extra money.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I guess having two major label deals in the past was a bit of an achievement. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I want to forget breaking the cardinal rule about playing with someone you're dating. It was a massive mistake. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
At this point in my career I would almost always pick the newest song. I like to think and hope that is where my best moment is. 

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music? 
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment